[lldb-dev] Bot failure with new "in tree compiler" changes (r316728) in llvm.org bot

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 7 10:28:38 PST 2017

You probably just need to nuke the build folder.

The reason for that is that before the patch the LLDB_TEST_C_COMPILER
variable was used for a different purpose (and usually empty), where
as now it's set by default to the in-tree clang. However, cmake will
not overwrite the cached value by design. (I could have worked around
that in cmake, but I only noticed that issue after landing the
change.)

Erasing the build folder should let the new and correct default kick
in. If you run the check-lldb target then it will now use the in-tree
clang instead of the system compiler for using tests.

sorry about the trouble,
pl