[lldb-dev] lldb command like gdb's "set auto-solib-add off"

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 22 16:23:29 PDT 2017

To expand on Jim's message, "target modules search-paths add" can be used to help lldb find  the host-side copies of shared libraries when they're not in the same directory as on the target system.

For example, if you have libraries in /usr/lib on the target system, and have copies on the host system in /local/scratch/work/debuglibs , you can say
target modules search-paths add /usr/lib /local/scratch/work/debuglibs
and when lldb goes to load (for example) /usr/lib/libc.so, it will try to load /local/scratch/work/debuglibs/libc.so from the host machine before trying to load through the memory interface.

I found this very helpful when trying to debug dynamic executables on Linux running on a Hexagon board, running lldb on x86 Linux or Windows.

Ted

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project