[lldb-dev] Lack of parallelism

Scott Smith via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 2 12:50:16 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Greg Clayton <clayborg at gmail.com> wrote:

> The other thing would be to try and move the demangler to use a custom
> allocator everywhere. Not sure what demangler you are using when you are
> doing these tests, but we can either use the native system one from
> the #include <cxxabi.h>, or the fast demangler in FastDemangle.cpp. If it
> is the latter, then we can probably optimize this.

I'm using the demangler I modified here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D32500
I think it still starts with FastDemangle.cpp, but one test showed the
modified llvm demangler is almost as fast (~1.25% slow down by disabling
FastDemangle).  I might be able to narrow that further by putting the
initial arena on the stack.

Now that I moved past the parallelism bottleneck, I think I need to revisit
my changes to make sure they're having the desired effect.