[lldb-dev] Support for Error Strings in remote protocol

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 21 16:54:37 PDT 2017

Right.  I wasn't actually arguing one method over the other.  Mostly pointing out that you can't take error numbers seriously in general, and that consequently if we go the error number route, you have to know you are talking to lldb-server and particularly one that has rational error numbers.  Maybe have a qUsesLLDBSERVERErrorNumbers packet as part of the handshake.

Jim