[lldb-dev] Remote debugging - unix socket and/or specific port

Mark Nelson via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 24 08:19:19 PDT 2017

Has there been any change in this since reported here :

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/lldb-dev/2016-June/010616.html

It is pretty clear that that the remote-linux platform is trying to open
additional ports to talk to lldb-server, and if that server is in a
container we need to expose them. But what ports, how many, how to specify?
All uncertain.

Looking at the source shows there are some (undocumented?) port commands in
lldb-server platform, I'm wondering if this is a solved problem that just
doesn't have an easy-to-search-for solution.

BTW, I may be barking up the wrong tree. I am using lldb on the host and
lldb-server on the remote, so the gdb-server protocol shouldn't be in play,
at least I don't think so.

But the problem I see in this configuration sure looks to be one of ports
being firewalled.

Mark Nelson – markn at ieee.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=markn@ieee.org> -
http://marknelson.us