[lldb-dev] check-lldb-single hang

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 7 01:38:30 PDT 2017

On 7 July 2017 at 09:11, Nitesh Jain via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The “ninja -j1 check-lldb-single” hangs on MIPS-Linux after running all the
> tests successfully (0 failures 0 errors) with latest ToT.  It doesn’t print
> summary message and does not return to prompt.
>
> Even with “LLDB_TEST_THREADS=1 check-lldb”, we have observed the same
> behaviour. Setting LLDB_TEST_USER_ARGS_NEW  to “--test-runner-name serial”
> does not help as it does not detect any test cases.

You're using some fairly deep magic here, that I'm not sure if anyone
uses on a regular basis, so I'm not surprised that it does not work.
:)

> With “check-lldb” (without -single), we see few random failures each time we
> run the test suite. However these tests pass when run individually (using
> dotest.py).
>
> These random failures occur where tests shares a common source file (for
> example tests under packages/Python/lldbsuite/test/tools/lldb-server).
Tests from the same directory sharing a source file should not matter,
as we run each directory serially. If the sources are in different
directories, then that's a different story, but I think we don't have
those.

What's the error message? Does it have something to do with refused connections?

I've noticed that the ipv6 patch made the lldb-server tests unreliable
in some environments, but I haven't yet looked into why.

pl