[lldb-dev] Prebuilt binary for Windows

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 11 14:17:09 PST 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 1:47 PM Vadim Chugunov <vadimcn at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Definitely seems CRT / Python related.  The call to fgets indicates that
> it's doing something involving a FILE*.  It's probably a FILE* that refers
> to a file created from within Python's copy of the CRT.
>
> Any idea where in the code would that be?  Would be nice to confirm.

Maybe in ScriptInterpreterPython somewhere?  There's a couple of places
where we use FILE* in that file, but it's not easy to tell by inspection
whether the FILE*'s originate from something in Python.

More likely perhaps is to try putting a breakpoint in PythonDataObjects.cpp
line 983 (called when try to create a wrapper around a Python File object
so we can reference it from C++) and Line 1010 (called when we try to
create a Python file object out of a native file descriptor).  These are
the two major API boundaries where we convert between native file
descriptors and python file objects.