[lldb-dev] DWARF v5 unit headers

Robinson, Paul via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 27 21:25:32 PST 2017

I'm planning to commit a patch (http://reviews.llvm.org/D30206) which will
cause Clang/LLVM to emit correct unit headers if you ask for version 5.
I've run the lldb tests and I *think* I pointed to my modified Clang
correctly (cmake with -DLLDB_TEST_COMPILER=/my/clang) and AFAICT it does
not introduce new problems.
I saw 3 Failure and 12 Error with or without the patch.
(One Expected Failure seems to have become an Unexpected Success. Haven't
tried to decipher logs to figure out which one yet.)

If anybody can predict a problem with my patch, please let me know by
noon Pacific time (2000 GMT) tomorrow (28th).

We're going to be doing more work implementing various bits of DWARF v5
in the coming months.  If anybody thinks they can predict that there are
particular bits that would be especially problematic for LLDB, it would
be useful to know up front which bits those are.

Thanks
--paulr