[lldb-dev] Why is function not present in target?

Ramkumar Ramachandra via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 10 04:30:13 PST 2017

Hi,

This has been the source of much frustration, but I can't quite figure out
why my toString() member function is not present in the target, according
to lldb. The other functions in the compile unit are used and present, so
the linker couldn't have eliminated the compile unit. Nor could the
function have been inlined, because it is not used anywhere (it's written
solely for the purpose of being used within lldb), so there's nowhere to
inline into.

So where is my function? And why isn't lldb picking it up?

Thanks.

Ram