[lldb-dev] lldb-server link failure with shared library configuration

Peeter Joot via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 30 04:17:20 PDT 2017

Hi Tamas,

It looks like lldb-server only fails if I build with a Debug configuration, which I didn't realize until now.  In Release configuration, I don't need any changes to CMakefiles and lldb-server links without error.  My full build configuration in debug mode was:

mkdir lldb50.1708110153

cd lldb50.1708110153

PATH=$PATH:/opt/lzlabs/bin

CC=/usr/bin/clang CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ cmake \

-G \

Ninja \

../llvm \

-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=true \

-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD='X86' \

-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug \

-DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=TRUE \

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/pjoot/clang/lldb50.1708110153 \

-DLLVM_OPTIMIZED_TABLEGEN=ON \

-DICU_LIBRARY=/opt/lzlabs/lib64 \

-DICU_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/lzlabs/include

Without any changes LLVMRuntimeDyld is not in the lldb-server link list, so this is not an ordering issue.  I'm not sure why this ends up as an issue only with Debug.

--
Peeter