[lldb-dev] [5.0.0 Release] Only 3 release blockers left, please help fix!

Hans Wennborg via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 24 18:05:59 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

We started the week with 32 open release blockers and are now down to only 3:
https://bugs.llvm.org/buglist.cgi?f1=blocked&o1=equals&v1=33849&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
Many thanks for your hard work so far.

None of the three remaining ones have any traction, so any help would
be much appreciated:

https://llvm.org/pr33668
"Excessive memory and CPU use in tail duplication and associated
passes due to critical edge splitting"
Sounds like someone familiar with taildup is needed.

https://llvm.org/pr33930
"Assertion `OpN.isUniqued() && "Only uniqued operands cannot be mapped
immediately"' failed."
Needs someone familiar with debug info.

https://llvm.org/pr33507
"Assertion failed: Shift >= 0, file
C:\src\llvm_package_303050\llvm\tools\clang\lib\Format\WhitespaceManager.cpp,
line 245"
clang-format asserts and breaks the correctness of some code. This
seems bad. Needs someone familiar with clang-format.

If we can get these squashed, I'll be a very happy release manger.

Thanks,
Hans