[lldb-dev] LLDB performance drop from 3.9 to 4.0

Scott Smith via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 12 12:39:45 PDT 2017

For my app I think it's largely parsing debug symbols tables for shared
libraries.  My main performance improvement was to increase the parallelism
of parsing that information.

Funny, gdb/gold has a similar accelerator table (created when you link with
-gdb-index).  I assume lldb doesn't know how to parse it.

I'll work on bisecting the change.