[lldb-dev] Linux issues where I am not getting breakpoints...

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 12 10:42:57 PDT 2017

What I now believe is happening is lldb-server is exiting for some reason and then the process just runs and still shows the output in LLDB because we hooked up the STDIO. I see lldb-server exits with an exit code of 0, but no command had been sent to terminate it. I will track that down.

Also, log_channels in lldb-gdbserver.cpp is using a llvm::StringRef incorrectly:

    case 'c': // Log Channels
      if (optarg && optarg[0])
        log_channels = StringRef(optarg);
      break;

Bad! This is exactly when we shouldn't be using llvm::StringRef. optarg is a static variable and can change if there are any arguments after "-c <args>".

Greg