[lldb-dev] Using LLDB API on windows

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 3 08:32:25 PDT 2017

Hi Russell,

I assume you mean for SBTarget::Launch or LaunchSimple to launch a Windows application.

The short answer is, this already works.

SBTarget::Launch calls Target::Launch, which calls DebugProcess in the relevant platform. For cases where we use lldb-server, the platform make a call that eventually gets to  GDBRemoteCommunication::StartDebugserverProcess to start up lldb-server. On Windows, PlatformWindows::DebugProcess calls Process::Launch, which (on Windows) will do the correct thing to start up and connect to a Windows process.

See PlatformWindows::DebugProcess in source\Plugins\Platform\Windows\PlatformWindows.cpp and ProcessLauncherWIndows::LaunchProcess in source\Host\windows\ProcessLauncherWindows.cpp .

Ted

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project