[lldb-dev] LLDB REFORMATTING IN PROGRESS

Kate Stone via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 6 14:17:08 PDT 2016

The storm of commit messages might be a subtle clue, but here it is officially: the reformatting is complete and I’ve verified that no tests regressed locally in our macOS suite.  Please begin any validation process you’ve signed up for on another platform, and if changes are necessary go ahead and land them individually.

From the commit message:

*** This commit represents a complete reformatting of the LLDB source code
*** to conform to clang-format’s LLVM style.  This kind of mass change has
*** two obvious implications:

Firstly, merging this particular commit into a downstream fork may be a huge
effort.  Alternatively, it may be worth merging all changes up to this commit,
performing the same reformatting operation locally, and then discarding the
merge for this particular commit.  The commands used to accomplish this
reformatting were as follows (with current working directory as the root of
the repository):

    find . \( -iname "*.c" -or -iname "*.cpp" -or -iname "*.h" -or -iname "*.mm" \) -exec clang-format -i {} +
    find . -iname "*.py" -exec autopep8 --in-place --aggressive --aggressive {} + ;

The version of clang-format used was 3.9.0, and autopep8 was 1.2.4.

Secondly, “blame” style tools will generally point to this commit instead of
a meaningful prior commit.  There are alternatives available that will attempt
to look through this change and find the appropriate prior commit.  YMMV.

Thanks for your collective support and assistance in preparing for this change.

Kate Stone k8stone at apple.com <mailto:k8stone at apple.com>
 Xcode Low Level Tools