[lldb-dev] [OS X] [Usage] register write for xmm registers

Dallman, John via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 2 07:35:41 PDT 2016

I'm trying to debug a problem with floating-point traps on 64-bit Mac OS X, and it would be extremely useful to be able to change values in xmm registers. I'm working with command-line LLDB, because I'm partially sighted and the Xcode GUI is just too complicated and confusing for me. I've managed to get to the syntax for:

        register write xmm0 "{0x00 0x01 ... 0x0f}"

I haven't managed to find any other forms that are more human-friendly. The ability to be able to type in floating-point numbers in decimal would be a lot easier. Does this exist?

thanks in advance,

--
John Dallman

Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.