[lldb-dev] fate of TimeValue

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 7 22:19:22 PDT 2016

On 7 October 2016 at 21:42, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:

>> On Oct 7, 2016, at 9:30 PM, Pavel Labath via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> The llvm-dev thread seems to have fizzed out - I would assume they are
>> not interested in std::chrono.
>
> I suggest a totally different course of action: any utility (except specific to the debugger for some reason) should be submitted into LLVM (Support?).
> I may be happy to have it available next months in LLVM, and I may not think about looking in every subproject.
>
> The question is not if “they” (I rather have you guys say “we”) are not interested, but rather “is anyone opposing to having utilities wrapping / manipulating std::chrono in LLVM”.

I like that idea. I've added you to the reviews so you can see what
kind of utility functions I am talking about. BTW, LLVM seems to have
a TimeValue class as well (presumably because not all compilers used
to support std::chrono) - one possibility would be to start using that
instead, although I would prefer std::chrono.