[lldb-dev] Code ownership resignation

Enrico Granata via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 16 15:55:39 PST 2016

Hi,
as some of you likely already know I will be leaving Apple at the end of
November

This career change also means I will not be as involved in lldb as I
have been in the past. It also means I don't believe I would be doing
the best interest of the community by serving as a code owner. For that
reason, I'd like to resign from my code ownership duties.

As of today, I am code owner for:
D: Data Formatters, Core/Value*, Objective C Language runtime, Test
suite, Xcode build
D: SWIG

I would recommend that the community consider Jim Ingham for taking over
data formatters. He is already code owner for Objective-C runtime and
ValueObject.

I'd like to recommend that the remaining part of Value*
(Value.h/Value.cpp) go to Greg Clayton.

Zachary Turner has done a lot of great work on our test suite
infrastructure, and I am confident that the community would be well
served by having him serve as code owner for that portion of the project
going forward.

I have no specific suggestions for the Xcode build and the SWIG bits.
With that said, I would encourage the choice of somebody inside Apple
given that Xcode is exclusive to the Mac, and the SWIG bits could
certainly benefit from a code owner who is aware of the stringent
requirements Apple has on SWIG versions.

Last, but not least, I'd like to say that working with the lldb - and
broader llvm - community has been a great honor. This is a diverse,
talented and passionate group of engineers with the common goal of
producing high-quality software and the skills to deliver on that goal,
time and again. While I won't be around as much in the future, I am
confident that the project will continue to thrive and improve!

/- Enrico/