[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] GitHub anyone?

Tim Northover via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 14:07:16 PDT 2016

On 31 May 2016 at 13:45, Mehdi Amini via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Apparently I wasn't very clear: llvm and clang (and the others projects) would be simple decoupled, individual git repositories. You would be able to check them out however you want and commit to them individually.
> There would be an extra "integration repository" on top that would only provide the service that tells "r12345 is llvm:36c941c clang:eaf492b compiler-rt:6d77ea5". This repository should be managed transparently by some server-side integration.

This actually sounds like a really good idea even if a full move to
git gets blocked for some reason. It seems like it could be a fairly
common requirement: I don't suppose you know of an existing script
that could do it? If not, I may take a stab.

Tim.