[lldb-dev] Inquiry about LLDB remote protocol

Ravitheja Addepally via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 29 02:57:00 PDT 2016

Hello,
      I wanted to know if the remote protocol of LLDB is state less or not
? When i say state I am referring to if LLDB remembers the current process
or thread being debugged (which would mean we dont need to specify that in
the client to server packets ) . I was looking at the
GDBRemoteCommunicationServerLLGS and found that most of the packets did not
have the pid or thread id being passed to the server , so is it safe to
assume that the protocol is statefull ? is this assumption also valid for
all OS's ?

---Ravi