[lldb-dev] Is it ok to use lldb_private from the driver?

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 18 10:16:27 PDT 2016

The driver used to have a bunch of lldb_private stuff in it, mostly to run the event loop, which Greg abstracted into SB API’s a while ago.  If it can be avoided, I’d rather not add it back in.  Our claim is folks should be able to write their own debugger interfaces (command line or gui) using the SB API’s, so it would be good if we stuck to that discipline as well.

I thought that the lldm-mi was pure SB API’s.  That seemed a virtue to me.

Jim