[lldb-dev] Calling multiply defined symbols

Aidan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 29 04:57:15 PDT 2016

Hi all,

We have a process that contains multiple definitions of the same
function.  The function in question is declared 'static extern' in a
header and included in multiple compilation units.
This causes some confusion for lldb expression parser when trying to
invoke the function by name, since it doesn't know which of the multiple
(identical) implementations to call.  In this case the expression
evaluation fails and informs the user 'call to 'abs' is ambiguous' in my
case.

The function in question could be changed to resolve the error, but I'd
be interested to know if there is a way to resolve such an ambiguity
from the LLDB's CLI.
Alternatively, should there be an precedence order that LLDB could be
made to obey in the case of this ambiguity?

Thanks,
Aidan