[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] GitHub anyone?

James Y Knight via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 11:25:04 PDT 2016

We could also think about using gerrit in the future to manage code reviews
and commits into the repository. (perhaps via the gerrithub.io hosted
platform, which also has github integration, including the ability to deal
with pull requests).

Gerrit already has pretty good support for cross-repository changes (via
assigning a bunch of commits to the same "topic", so they can be reviewed
together).

It also already supports making the submodule commits for the
"llvm-project" superproject. And it is supposed to "soon" support doing an
atomic commit of a "topic" across multiple repositories, which could then
show up as a single change in the "llvm-project" superproject repository. I
don't believe it does that atomically right now, but that's in the plans.

I have found gerrit a really nice code review system in the past for other
projects, and I'm a little afraid that github's PR system will not be
featureful enough by itself. But, maybe it will.