[lldb-dev] Closing TTY window while in a break state using LLDB-MI does not stop debugging

Pierson Lee (PIE) via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 19 12:16:37 PDT 2016

Hi,

Running into a problem where closing the TTY window on OS X while on a breakpoint using LLDB-MI does not allow the SIGHUP to be passed through to the debuggee. I had to add the following call to get the debuggee to terminate when closing the window if LLDB-MI was not in a break state.

process handle --pass true --stop false --notify false SIGHUP

Looking for some help on where to look to find out what is wrong. I've been looking in debugserver.cpp thinking it would be in HandleProcessStateChange but I haven't seen a call to it when I close the window. Also looking to see where the signal handler might be because debugserver.cpp's signal_handler method is also not called.

Thanks
Pierson