[lldb-dev] No event generated after a SBThread::JumpToLine() call

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 18 11:07:51 PDT 2016

JumpToLine just resets the PC, it doesn't continue the process.  For an API, it makes more sense to let the API user decide whether they want to do more work before continuing.  So you wouldn't expect a "running" event.

We could send a PC-changed event, but we generally only send that sort of event to help a GUI keep sync'ed with changes the CLI does (like the eBroadcastBitSelectedFrameChanged event, etc.)  So you wouldn't expect to see that event from the API.

Jim