[lldb-dev] Interest in enabling -Werror by default

Saleem Abdulrasool via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 16 10:31:47 PST 2016

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016, Tamas Berghammer <tberghammer at google.com>
wrote:

> If you want to enable it only on the bots then I think we can decide it on
> a bot by bot bases. For me the main question is who will be responsible for
> fixing a warning introduced by a change in llvm or clang causing a build
> failure because of a warning (especially when the fix is non trivial)?

I think that the same policy as LLVM/clang should apply here.  The person
making the change would be responsible for ensuring that nothing breaks as
a result of their change.  The same situation exists when working on
interfaces that effect clang: a fix for a warning introduced by a change in
LLVM may be non-trivial in clang.

Just to be clear, I'm merely suggesting this as an option.  If it is
deemed too burdensome by most of the common committers, we state so and
not do this.