[lldb-dev] Question about TestMultipleDebuggers.py

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 8 14:35:17 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> > Why though?
>
> Foremost, I think it is because the lldb driver built as part of the
> test is linked to the host lldb shared library. If you build a 32-bit
> driver, we will need a 32-bit lldb shared library as well is it not?

yes, but the Makefile isn't specifying the architecture to build.  For me
it's building an x86 driver, my python distribution is x86 and the liblldb
shared library is x86 too.  So I don't see what the problem is.  If
anything I'm not sure why it's building an x64 driver on other platforms,
since nothing in the Makefile specifies that the Driver should be x64.

> Second, which I think can be fixed, is that we we load an x86_64
> target explicitly here: multi-process-driver.cpp:104

I missed that, and that is a good enough reason for now.  Although I think
it should be xfail instead of skip, because this is easily fixable by just
chekcing sizeof(void*) in the C++ side and passing a different arch when
creating the target.

As an aside, this seems like it would be much better as a unit test instead
of a python test, but I guess that's a different issue.

I'll change the skip to an xfail for now, but I still don't see anything
fundamentally incompatible with x86 here.