[lldb-dev] Status of prettyprint via MI

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 7 12:45:10 PST 2016

I can think of two problems with this scenario.

First, it depends what implementation of STL you're using.  If you're using
clang-cl or MSVC to compile your program, then you're getting the MSVC STL,
and we don't have any data formatters implemented for those yet.  It will
happen eventually, but no definite time frame yet.

Second, there are a number of general issues with dynamic variables on
windows, even if we did have data formatters for STL.  Simple types should
work but some things will have odd behavior.

I'm not sure if you just want to use LLDB and have it work, or if you're
interested in contributing.  But we're more than happy to have patches.
Otherwise we'll get to it eventually