[lldb-dev] Debug events in synchronous mode?

Jeffrey Tan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 3 22:41:36 PST 2016

Hi,

I found that if I am using synchronous mode, some times there are no debug
events generated during launch. For example, for the code
below, LLDBListenerThread will receive no debug events.

Is this expected? What is the rule of debug events in synchronous mode?

def main():
    debugger = lldb.SBDebugger.Create()
    debugger.SetAsync(False)
    target = debugger.CreateTargetWithFileAndArch(executable_path,
lldb.LLDB_ARCH_DEFAULT)
    target.BreakpointCreateByName('main')

    listener = lldb.SBListener('Event Listener')
    error = lldb.SBError()
    process = target.Launch (listener,
                             None,      # argv
                             None,      # envp
                             None,      # stdin_path
                             None,      # stdout_path
                             None,      # stderr_path
                             None,      # working directory
                             0,         # launch flags
                             False,     # Stop at entry
                             error)     # error
    print 'Launch result: %s' % str(error)
    event_thread = LLDBListenerThread(debugger)
    event_thread.start()