[lldb-dev] MSVC 2013 w/ Python 2.7 is moving to an unsupported toolchain

Tamas Berghammer via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 2 11:41:54 PST 2016

Hi Zachary,

We are still using MSVC 2013 and Python 2.7 to compile LLDB on Windows for
Android Studio and we also have a buildbot what is testing this
configuration (without sending e-mail at the moment) here:
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-windows7-android

We are in the discussion to decide what is our plan for going forward both
in terms of Visual Studio version and Python version and I expect that we
will make a decision this week. Until then please don't remove any hack we
have in the code because of MSVC 2013 (e.g. alias template workarounds) and
if adding new code then please try not to break MSVC 2013. I will send out
an update about our decision hopefully at the end of this week.

You mentioned that LLVM plan to bump the minimum version of MSVC to 2015.
Do you have any link to the place where they discussed it or do you know
anything about the schedule?

Thanks,
Tamas