[lldb-dev] [RFC] Delete the "testcases" symlink

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 15 09:45:39 PST 2016

The reason they were put into the packages directory in the first place is
because this forms a proper python package so that more code can be shared
amongst test cases.  I don't know why the symlink was ever created in the
first place, sounds like that was probably put in place by someone who
thought packages/python/lldbsuite/test was too much to type (hard to argue
with, tbh).  In any case, as long as you can maintain the package structure
so that a testcase can write "from support import fs" then you can
re-arrange stuff however you like.

I also think some people had expressed interest in writing bindings for
other languages, but I haven't heard anything about that in some time, so
until I see more effort on that front a concrete proposal, we don't need to
worry about it.