[lldb-dev] Python3 compatibility for the API

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 30 02:35:12 PDT 2016

We don't have any immediate plans to make lldb work with python 3 on
linux. However, I would be willing to guide you through making that
work. As Zachary pointed out, it should be fairly simple, given that
it already works on windows.

I don't think you'll be able to avoid building your own copy of lldb,
so I think you should start by making sure that you can build a
working lldb trunk with python2. Then we can figure out how to get
python 3 working.

BTW, linux support in lldb 3.6 was still quite flaky. I'd recommend
going at least to 3.8 to get a more stable experience.

pl