[lldb-dev] showing CPU register flags

Giusti, Valentina via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 17 08:17:33 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am currently implementing the support for the Intel MPX registers in LLDB. This register set includes 2 registers, BNDSTATUS and BNDCFGU, which store information about the status and configuration of the MPX feature in several fields.
I think that it would be useful for the user to have a nice display of such fields, so that they don't have to extract the information from the raw values of the registers. However, I see that the other registers are just displayed as raw values, without any better ways to explore their contents.

Should I just follow this approach, and also just let the MPX registers be available through their raw values?
Or have there ever been any requests for ways to display the register flags from LLDB?

Thanks,
- Valentina Giusti

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich