[lldb-dev] LLDB Evolution

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 11 12:19:28 PDT 2016

I don’t think we can completely get rid of the lldb coding conventions doc; we’ll need this type of thing as long as we use swig:

*  enumerations that might end up being in the lldb SB API's should all be written like:

    typedef enum EnumName

    {

        eEnumNameFirstValue,

        eEnumNameSecondValue,

    } EnumName;

This redundancy is important because the enumerations that find their way through SWIG into Python will show up as lldb.eEnumNameFirstValue, so including the enum name in the value name disambiguates them in Python.

Some directed questions about this proposal:

-          Will we move to an 80 column limit?

-          Will we move to camel case for variables?

-          Will we stop putting m_ at the front of class ivars and g_ at the front of globals?

-          Will we stop using _sp and _up on the end of shared and unique pointers?

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project