[lldb-dev] Digging into Linux unexpected successes

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 09:08:04 PDT 2015

Just to make sure I'm reading these right:

========== Compiler: totclang Architecture: x86_64 ==========

UnexpectedSuccess
TestMiInterpreterExec.MiInterpreterExecTestCase.test_lldbmi_settings_set_target_run_args_before
(250/250 100.000000%)
TestRaise.RaiseTestCase.test_restart_bug_with_dwarf (119/250 47.600000%)
TestMiSyntax.MiSyntaxTestCase.test_lldbmi_process_output (250/250
100.000000%)
TestInferiorAssert.AssertingInferiorTestCase.test_inferior_asserting_expr_dwarf
(195/250 78.000000%)

This is saying that running the tests with a top of tree clang, on x86_64,
we see (for example):
* test_lldbmi_settings_set_target_run_args_before() is always passing,
* test_inferior_asserting_expr_dwarf() is always passing
* test_restart_bug_with_dwarf() is failing more often than passing.

This is incredibly useful for figuring out the true disposition of a test
on different configurations.  What method did you use to gather that data?

--
-Todd