[lldb-dev] Difference of behaviour of process.Continue() between MacOSX and Linux

Louis Granboulan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 05:29:38 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I am new to lldb-dev and I hope that this issue has not already been
reported. I did not find any reference of it.

I started with the example from section "Using the lldb.py module in
python" of
http://lldb.llvm.org/python-reference.html
and decided to have the process continue after having printed some
information about the breakpoint context. It allows to have multiple
breakpoints and display information about every breakpoint, or to have a
breakpoint at a function that is called many times and to display
information for every call.

On a MacOSX machine (any recent version) it works well, but on a Linux
machine (Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits) it looks like process.Continue() makes the
program continue at the breakpoint instead of at the instruction following
the breakpoint. Therefore, it enters an infinite loop.

I can attach the python script, but this script is just made by taking the
example of the webpage, putting in a "while True" loop everything after
"state = process.GetState()" and adding at the end of the loop the
instruction "process.Continue()".

Regards,
Louis