[lldb-dev] [BUG?] Confusion between translation units?

Ramkumar Ramachandra via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 20 09:57:01 PDT 2015

Greg Clayton wrote:
> Yes I have seen a bunch of problems like this on linux due to types being incomplete in the debug info (my guess). But I would like to verify that the manual DWARF indexing isn't to blame for this. We have great accelerator tables that the clang makes for us that actually have all of the info we need to find types and functions quickly, whereas all other platforms must run SymbolFileDWARF::Index() to manually index the DWARF.

I'm on OS X, so none of this applies?

> I should be able to tell if you can send me an ELF file and say where you were and wait wasn't showing up correctly (which variables) in an exact code context (which file + line or exact line in a function). Then I can verify that SymbolFileDWARF::Index() is correctly indexing things so that we can find types and functions when we need them.

I've been mulling over this problem: do you want to be able to run the
Mach-O, or do you just want to inspect it? The transitive closure of
the dependencies is atleast 30 .dylibs, and I can't take out that much
IP.

So what are we looking for exactly?

Thanks.

Ram