[lldb-dev] [BUG] Many lookup failures

Ramkumar Ramachandra via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 30 17:38:33 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:
> class A : public B
> {
> };
>
> where class "B" has all sorts of interesting methods, the debug info will often look like:
>
> class B; // Forward declaration for class B
>
> class A : public B
> {
> };

What? Didn't we just fix this (for the case where there's conflicting
debug info from two different libraries)?

(lldb) image lookup -t ...

prints expected results, with no empty classes. Let me emphasize that
the strange behavior is seen with _some_ variables: in the debugging
session referenced in the original email, the problem was particularly
bad.

I didn't try the expensive experiment (-fno-limit-debug-info) on
account of lldb finding all the classes in full.

Is there some systematic way to test lldb? [Looks in the unittests/
and test/ directories]