[lldb-dev] Linux core dump doesn't show listing when loaded

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 24 13:09:42 PST 2015

I've been working on an old rev that we'd released on; now I'm much closer
to ToT as we move towards our next major Hexagon release.

Core dumps on the old rev would print out a listing/disassembly for each
thread in the core dump. Now it doesn't.

ToT does this, on x86 Linux:

>bin/lldb ~/lldb_test/coredump/lincrash -c ~/lldb_test/coredump/lincore

(lldb) target create "/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincrash" --core
"/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincore"

Core file '/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincore' (x86_64) was loaded.

(lldb) thread list

Process 0 stopped

* thread #1: tid = 0, 0x0000000000401190 lincrash`main + 16 at lincrash.c:5,
name = 'lincrash', stop reason = signal SIGSEGV

(lldb)

I can see the listing by going up and down the stack, but I'd like to see
the listing on load. Is the no listing intended?

Ted

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project