[lldb-dev] Attaching to a stopped (cored) process hangs lldb-server

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 4 10:13:02 PST 2015

So the entire core file is in memory somehow and when it is read from STDIN will be then be freed? Seems like a really lame way to pass the core file around as it requires up to 2x the size of the core in memory. We could add a new version of SBTarget::LoadCore() like:

SBProcess
SBTarget::LoadCoreFromData(const void *data, uint64_t data_len);

But this will be a memory hog depending on if the memory from STDIN containing the core file gets freed immediately after it is consumed, or if the data is still around.