[lldb-dev] Continuing from a breakpoint with multiple threads

Adrian McCarthy amccarth at google.com
Fri May 29 13:59:32 PDT 2015

[I'm trying to make TestBreakAfterJoin work on Windows.]

I'm unclear how continuing from a breakpoint in a multi-threaded inferior
is supposed to work.

A breakpoint is set, and the inferior runs until one of its threads hits
the breakpoint.  The user then selects continue.

The thread that had hit the breakpoint has a thread plan type of
ThreadPlanStepOverBreakpoint, which causes all of the other threads to be
set to state eStateSuspended.  The thread that had hit the breakpoint then
steps beyond the breakpoint, and the breakpoint is restored.  The thread is
then resumed again.

But the other threads are all still suspended, causing the inferior to
deadlock.

The question is:  Where should the other threads have their resume states
set back to a running state?

Adrian