[lldb-dev] Custom LLVM/Clang for xcodebuild lldb

Meenakshi Ravindran meenakshi at codeplay.com
Mon May 11 15:54:33 PDT 2015

By default xcodebuld pulls the tip HEAD of LLVM and Clang inside LLDB for building, unlike cmake/ninja. What I am looking for is a xcodebuild command-line parameter that can point to the custom llvm/clang source path.

From build-llvm.pl script, it seems like this facility already exists, and it is possible to point to custom location using SCRIPT_INPUT_FILE_0 environment variable.

Eg. Directory structure:
                  llvm

                  `-- tools

                      +-- clang

                      `-- lldb

Hence, expect the following to achieve:

xcodebuild build -configuration Debug -scheme lldb-tool -workspace ${WORKSPACE}/llvm/tools/lldb/lldb.xcworkspace  SCRIPT_INPUT_FILE_0=${WORKSPACE}/llvm SYMROOT=${WORKSPACE}/build OBJROOT=${WORKSPACE}/build/bin

But it doesn’t seem to pick up the the custom llvm directory, instead pulls a fresh one from the repo again. I’ve also tried exporting the env variable SCRIPT_INPUT_FILE_0 before the xcodebuild is launched, but is of no use.

Is the above expected to work? Where does the SCRIPT_INPUT_FILE_0 come from? Is there a xcodebuild command-line argument to point to LLVM source? Would appreciate if you could please correct my understanding.

Thanks,
Meenakshi