[lldb-dev] Remote debug a program running on FreeBSD from Mac OS X

Dr. Rolf Jansen rj at obsigna.com
Thu May 7 16:47:37 PDT 2015

> Am 07.05.2015 um 14:26 schrieb Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org>:
>
> On 7 May 2015 at 13:14, Vince Harron <vince at nethacker.com> wrote:
>> We are actively working on getting the test suite to pass from OSX host to a
>> Linux target but there are still a lot of failures.  I don't think remote
>> debugging is supported at all on FreeBSD today.  (Even FreeBSD to FreeBSD)
>
> Remote debugging using a FreeBSD LLDB debugserver is indeed not yet
> implemented. (FreeBSD as the host should work fine.)

Vince and Ed,

thank you very much for your clear statements. that safe me from running more unnecessary trials. For the time being I will stop the efforts. I will loosely follow the progress of lldb on FreeBSD, and I will come back when debugging of an executable running on FreeBSD remotely from an external client seems to be promising.

Best regards

Rolf