[lldb-dev] Fixing cross platform mac to linux remote expression evaluation

Robert Flack flackr at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:54:44 PDT 2015

Please let me know if I'm missing something, as far as I can see
lldb-server does not have a Process object, only a NativeProcessLinux
(which is a NativeProcessProtocol). This doesn't seem to have the context
to run the thread plan to call malloc and allocate memory from lldb-server
- see the comment in NativeProcessLinux::AllocateMemory
and lldb_private::InferiorCallMmap / Process::RunThreadPlan for the full
details of what it needs to do. I'm not completely familiar with how the
interaction between lldb and lldb-server works, and I can try to implement
a function call with a NativeProcessLinux (preserving the previous state)
but it seems like this will be reimplementing a lot of functionality to do
so naively. Any thoughts? Is there a simple way to call malloc in the
context of the NativeProcessLinux and get the return that I'm missing?