[lldb-dev] Refactor dotest/debugserver env variables for simplicity

Vince Harron vharron at google.com
Mon May 4 14:51:28 PDT 2015

Hi Greg/all,

Currently, I have to define a lot of different environment variables to get
all of the logs I typically need/want.  Are you okay with the proposed
change?

CURRENT WAY

dotest.py
export LLDB_LOG=/tmp/basename-lldb.log
export LLDB_LOG_OPTION=all
export GDB_REMOTE_LOG=/tmp/basename-gdb-remote.log
export GDB_REMOTE_LOG_OPTION=all

debugserver
export LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_LOG_FILE=/tmp/basename-lldb-server-gdb-remote.log
export LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_LOG_FLAGS=all
export LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_EXTRA_ARG_1="-c"
export LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_EXTRA_ARG_2="log enable -Tpn -f
/tmp/basename-lldb-server-lldb.log lldb all"

PROPOSED WAY (generates all of the files shown above)

export LLDB_LOG=/tmp/basename
export LLDB_LOG_OPTION="lldb all;gdb-remote all"

This will also help us break the dependency between lldb-sever and the
command line interpreter.

--

Vince Harron | Technical Lead Manager | vharron at google.com | 858-442-0868