[lldb-dev] What's the difference between GetLocation, AddressOf and GetLoadAddress

Ziming Song s.ziming at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:50:47 PDT 2015

I want to know if two pointer point to the same variable, so I want to get the location of each variable and the value of the pointer. In the API doc, I found three functions that seem to do the work, they are:

- SBValue::GetLocation -> const char*

- SBValue::AddressOf -> SBValue

- SBValue::GetLoadLocation -> addr_t (uint64_t)

I did a simple experiment, and find out that they contain the same address (only in different format). So I wonder what's the difference between them, are they just return address in different format? If not, which one should I use? thank in advance.