[lldb-dev] LLDB API create breakpoint not work

Ziming Song s.ziming at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:31:54 PDT 2015

Hi everyone, I'm doing a GUI frontend using lldb api, but the breakpoint created by code cannot make the program stop.
The code for creating the breakpoint is:

lldb::SBBreakpoint bp = target_.BreakpointCreateByLocation(target_.GetExecutable().GetFilename(), lineNumber);
The breakpoint is valid, and I can get its description, but the program does not stop on that breakpoint.
I've set the async of debugger to false, and after launching the target, the first state of the process is eStateExited, which means the breakpoint didn't work (even if `bp.SetEnabled(true)`).
Another question. If I'm able to make breakpoint work, how can I get notified if the line number of that breakpoint change(like when the user set breakpoint on a line which generates no code and the breakpoint moves to the closest line that generates code).
Thanks in advance.