[lldb-dev] RFC: Namespaces in lldb

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Fri Mar 20 09:57:52 PDT 2015

My take:

Local classes that are in just in .cpp files should go in the anonymous namespace.  We didn't start out doing it that way, not all local classes follows this rule.  Thats just a bug, feel free to fix that wherever you come across it.  Everything else should be in lldb or lldb_private.  Anything that might be useful to for the SB API's but is also useful for core lldb should be in the lldb namespace.  Everything else should be in lldb_private.

I don't think we need to split it finer than that at present.  I don't see any reason to leave any classes in the global namespace, but again I think where we are doing that it is just because we didn't start out putting all our local classes in the anonymous namespace.

Jim