[lldb-dev] Writing test cases...

Enrico Granata egranata at apple.com
Wed Mar 18 16:55:34 PDT 2015

If you really want to replicate the steps manually:

(lldb) script
>>> type Python commands here using the LLDB API

There might be a little bit of translation involved, for instance in your test you might say

self.frame().FindVariable(“foo”)

which would not work at the interactive interpreter - and would become

lldb.frame.FindVariable(“foo”)

A better solution is the “-d” flag to dotest.py that puts the test suite driver in a STOPPED state until someone attaches to the matching Python process - then you can set breakpoints as you usually would in places you care about, and debug