[lldb-dev] clang CL breaks LLDB std::string printing

Pavel Labath labath at google.com
Mon Mar 2 03:28:03 PST 2015

On 27 February 2015 at 17:31, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to add that simply installing libstdc++-dbg will not solve this
>> problem currently as lldb has troubles loading symbols from splitdebug files
>>

> What do you mean by splitdebug files? If you mean -gsplit-dwarf/Fission
> I'm not sure why that would be relevant - libstdc++-dbg isn't built with
> Fission so far as I know.

I mean the debug info which is stored in separate files, located using the
".gnu.debuglink" section. This is how the debug file from the libstdc++-dbg
package is located. I don't know what is the official name, but it is
described here <
https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Separate-Debug-Files.html>.
But that is not so important, I believe I will have it running shortly.

pl